New and Improved BEKA SOLAR
BEKA Schréder has upgraded the BEKA SOLAR with a new and improved look and design.
The BEKA SOLAR has been further simplified for easy installation with an aesthetically pleasing solar box. It is a stand-alone solar street lighting solution, a complete offering, consisting of three primary components: an efficient LED street light, a pole-mounted solar box (inclusive of battery and intelligent charging and control device) and solar panels.
The BEKA SOLAR takes cognisance of Africa’s particular circumstances, by:
- Providing the right solar panel / battery / LED luminaire combination for the appropriate location;
- Allowing sufficient dust depreciation on the solar panels, since dust reduces the solar panel efficiency and thus causes premature light failures;
- Providing reliable batteries, with sufficient battery capacity. This, and the use of smart electronic controllers, provide the right charging and discharging profile in order to increase the batteries’ lifetime, while utilising maximum power generated by the solar module;
- Providing theft-resistant battery boxes and solar panel frames;
- Providing battery boxes, which reduce the heat build-up and therefore provide good operating conditions for batteries.
- Using high-quality materials: The mast and luminaire bracket are manufactured from hot-dipped galvanised, mild steel. The battery housing is manufactured from powder-coated and e-coated mild steel and linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) to withstand even the harshest coastal conditions.
The advantages of LED, combined with the energy efficiency of solar power, result in effective and low-maintenance, energy-efficient lighting, specifically suitable for roads in off-grid areas.
BEKA Schréder’s bestselling South African designed and manufactured LEDlume street light, supplied with the solar unit, is a high-performance luminaire manufactured from marine grade aluminium.
BEKA Schréder’s OptiPower device, an optional extra, reduces the power consumption during low peak periods, enabling even higher lighting levels during active periods. With the LEDs’ expected minimum lifetime of 100 000 hours (L70), the LEDlume ensures reduced maintenance costs, whilst increasing operational reliability.
The BEKA SOLAR package is available up to 80W LED power, providing reliable high light output over a 12 to 14 hour period, with sufficient autonomy to cater for up to three continuous overcast or rainy days, without compromising its reliable night-time operation.
For more information, click here to download the brochure.