BEKA Schréder introduces COVID-19 action plan
The health and safety of our employees, partners, customers and communities is and always has been our highest priority. With COVID-19 officially declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation, we are putting measures into place to protect our employees our customers and our communities while ensuring continuity in business activities and customer service.
Key actions to protect employees, customers and communities
- All non-essential travel has been cancelled and all employees who are required to work from home will do so, with all meetings conducted virtually.
- All on-site training sessions have been cancelled and local events will be reviewed in accordance with local health authority guidelines. We will update customers as and when there are further developments.
- Our factory will apply strict site protocols for hygiene and social distancing to protect our workers while supporting business continuity. Leadership teams will continue to monitor the situation appropriate.
Measures to ensure business continuity
- Some of the electronic components in our luminaires are coming from countries that have had many manufacturing plants shut down for several weeks to prevent the virus spreading. Although we prepared in advance, these closures could have an impact on our production. While it is still too early to measure the full impact, we have put solutions in place to minimise possible supply disruptions.
- All current stock has been transported from our suppliers to our factories so that they can continue to operate in the immediate future, and we have increased orders to anticipate potential shortages.
- A special task team has been put in place to monitor the situation closely and take necessary action.
We remain committed to respecting our deadlines while taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our employees and manufacturing partners. If your order is in anyway impacted, we will of course inform you as soon as possible and do our utmost to limit the delay or propose an alternative solution.
These actions are designed to protect our employee’s safety and their families, and the safety of the communities in which we operate and live. As a responsible, purpose-led business, we wish to slow down the spread of this virus and avoid overloading health care systems.
COVID-19 is an evolving situation. We will update you as and when there are further developments. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your local Schréder team.
Take care of yourself, your family and your community.