BEKA realises lighting solution for Nasrec Road East
BEKA (Pty) Ltd has been renowned for many years for realising special exterior lighting solutions according to the urban designer’s vision, without compromising on engineering and safety standards. This is particularly important in view of the harsh environmental and operating conditions within Southern Africa.
The most important access road to Soccer City, Nasrec Road, has been illuminated by lighting sculptures, which have been conceived from the Fernandez luminaire of the Urban Collection range by Schréder.
Tall and arched 7m and 9m structures realised from white rectangular-shaped masts are provided along the roads around Soccer City.
BEKA supplied the lighting on the Eastern side of Nasrec Road. A total of 84 of these 7m lighting sculptures, operating a single 150W HCI-T G12 lamp in the main luminaire, were installed. A recessed LED strip, covered with an opaque glass lens and installed in the back of the pole, provides pedestrian orientation lighting. Provided flag hangers will allow for banner advertisements.
The following companies were involved in this prestigious installation:
- Johannesburg Development Agency (JDA) – Client
- GOBA Consulting Engineers & Project Managers – Electrical & Civil Engineers
- Boogertman Urban Edge & Partners – Architects
- Muhammed Mayet Architects & Urban Designers – Architects
- PD Naidoo & Associates – Project Managers
- Stefanutti Stocks (formerly known as Stefanutti & Bressan) – Main Electrical Contractor
- Quebec Electrical – Electrical Sub-Contractor
- BEKA (Pty) Ltd – Luminaire Manufacturer & Supplier
BEKA (Pty) Ltd are proud of their association with the above-mentioned project and the professional teams involved.
For more information, contact Johann Schleritzko at 011 238 0000 or email@example.com