BEKA Provides the Lighting for Africa’s Lighting Landmark
The Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban will become the most spectacular lighting landmark of Africa. A huge arch, spanning over the length axis of the entire stadium, was conceived by one of the world’s leading stadium architects, Von Gerkan, Marg and Partner (GMP), Germany. This stadium has been completed timeously, at the end of October 2009.
This arch is illuminated on both sides, over the entire length, with almost 1km of BEKA’s LEDbeam, which consists of 1236 individual segments. These segments are controlled using the DMX protocol, achieving the spectacular effects as conceived by the architects.
The technical data are as follows:
- The total installation uses 29.3kW if operated at full power.
- Each LED is equipped with an elliptical lens to provide an even light distribution.
- The anticipated lifetime will be at least 50000hrs if operated at full power.
- The locally manufactured BEKA LEDbeam consists of a one-piece extruded aluminium profile with high pressure die-cast endplates. It is enclosed by means of a UV-resistant high impact acrylic clear cover plate. A robot-controlled operation ensures consistency of this assembling process.
- The BEKA LEDbeam has been designed to withstand ambient temperatures in excess of 40°C and provides a protection class of IP66.
BEKA is proud to have been the company realising Africa’s icon of lighting technology.
For more information, contact Johann Schleritzko at 011 238 0000 or email@example.com