BEKA provides reliable LED-based Solar Lighting Solutions
Many Solar luminaires are offered from afar to South African clients, interested in professional solar solutions. However, BEKA, as the largest luminaire manufacturer in Africa, understands the particular conditions of this continent to provide long-lasting, reliable solutions, since it combines its latest-technology, energy-efficient LED luminaire with a trusted Solar engine for the optimal off-grid solution.
BEKA’s stand-alone solar street lighting solution, the BEKA SOLAR, is a complete offering, consisting of three primary components: efficient LED street light, pole-mounted solar box (inclusive of battery and intelligent control gear) and solar panels.
The BEKA SOLAR takes cognisance of Africa’s particular circumstances, by providing:
- The right solar panel / battery / LED luminaire combination for the appropriate location.
- Allowing sufficient dirt depreciation on the solar panels, since dirt reduces the solar panel efficiency and thus causes premature light failures.
- Providing reliable batteries, with sufficient battery capacity. This and the use of smart electronic controllers provide the right charging and discharging profile in order to increase the batteries’ lifetime.
- Theft resistant battery boxes and solar panel frames.
- Battery boxes, which reduce the heat build-up and therefore provide good operating conditions for batteries.
The advantages of LED, combined with the energy efficiency of solar power, result in effective and low-maintenance, energy-efficient lighting, specifically suitable for roads in off-grid areas.
BEKA’s new South African designed and manufactured BEKA LEDlume streetlight, supplied with the solar unit, is a high-performance luminaire manufactured from high quality die cast aluminium, of corrosion-resistant LM6 alloy.
BEKA’s OptiPower device, an optional extra, reduces the power consumptions during low peak periods, enabling high lighting levels during active periods.
With the LED’s expected minimum lifetime of 50 000 to 60 000 hours, the BEKA LEDlume ensures reduced maintenance costs, whilst increasing operational reliability.
The BEKA SOLAR package is available up to 61W LED power, providing reliable high light output over a 12 to 14 hour period, with sufficient autonomy to cater for up to two continuous overcast or rainy days, without compromising its reliable night-time operation.
For more information, contact Daniel Kasper at 011 238 0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.