Reliable LED-based Solar Lighting Solutions
Many Solar luminaires are offered from afar to South African clients, who are interested in professional solar solutions. BEKA Schréder, however, as one of the largest outdoor luminaire manufacturer in Africa, understands the particular conditions of this continent. For the optimal off-grid solution, we are able to provide long lasting, reliable solar lighting solutions, by coupling latest technologies in solar modules, batteries and LED luminaire design.
BEKA Schréder has launched its latest product in its solar lighting range, the SOL-ONE. It is an all-in-one, plug-and-play LED solar-powered lighting system. It is an all-purpose system engineered to be used in all geographic locations in Africa. The SOL-ONE can also be used for a wide range of applications. These include: small pedestrian walkways, rural, residential or minor roads, perimeter lighting and other such applications where the most important factor is to have minimum light.
The aluminium, hot-dipped galvanized, UV-resistant polycarbonate body of the SOL-ONE system ensures long lifetime and unsurpassed reliability. The smart energy management system incorporated in the SOL-ONE luminaire, has been designed to guarantee sufficient light for up to two overcast or rainy days. It has an integrated motion sensor, to assist in ensuring that the battery capacity is preserved for prolonged operation. The choice of battery, solar technology and design methodology make the SOL-ONE a solar luminaire of choice, providing a seven-year low-maintenance operation.
The SOL-ONE is light in weight, which makes it easy to install. In addition, because it is literally a plug-and-play concept, it does not take long to install it. Aesthetically pleasing, outstanding quality, light weight and ease of installation are some of the features that can easily be associated with the SOL-ONE solar lighting system.
In addition to the SOL-ONE, the BEKA SOLAR has been upgraded with a new and improved look and design. It is easy to install with an aesthetically pleasing solar box. The BEKA SOLAR is a stand-alone solar street lighting solution, a complete offering, consisting of three primary components: an efficient LED street light, a pole-mounted solar box (inclusive of battery and intelligent charging and control device) and solar panels.
The BEKA SOLAR takes cognisance of Africa’s particular circumstances, by:
- Providing the right solar panel / battery / LED luminaire combination for the appropriate location;
- Allowing sufficient dirt depreciation on the solar panels, since dirt reduces the solar panel efficiency and thus causes premature light failures;
- Providing reliable batteries, with sufficient battery capacity. This, and the use of smart electronic controllers, provide the right charging and discharging profile in order to increase the batteries’ lifetime, while utilising maximum power generated by the solar module;
- Providing theft-resistant battery boxes and solar panel frames;
- Providing battery boxes, which reduce the heat build-up and therefore provide good operating conditions for batteries.
- Using high-quality materials: The mast and luminaire bracket are manufactured from hot-dipped galvanised, mild steel. The battery housing is manufactured from powder-coated and e-coated mild steel and linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) to withstand even the harshest coastal conditions.
The advantages of LED, combined with the energy efficiency of solar power, result in effective and low-maintenance, energy-efficient lighting, specifically suitable for roads in off-grid areas.
BEKA Schréder’s bestselling South African designed and manufactured LEDlume street light, supplied with the solar unit, is a high-performance luminaire manufactured from marine grade aluminium.
BEKA Schréder’s OptiPower device, an optional extra, reduces the power consumption during low peak periods, enabling even higher lighting levels during active periods. With the LEDs’ expected minimum lifetime of 100 000 hours (L70), the LEDlume ensures reduced maintenance costs, whilst increasing operational reliability.
The BEKA SOLAR package is available up to 80W LED power, providing reliable high light output over a 12 to 14 hour period, with sufficient autonomy to cater for up to three continuous overcast or rainy days, without compromising its reliable night-time operation.
For more information, contact Daniel Kasper at 011 238 0000 or email@example.com.